8431-700 Building a High Performance Team
- January 19, 2024
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 7
Embark on a transformative journey with the ILM 8431-700 Building a High-Performance Team course, an integral component of the ILM Level 7 Diploma for Seniors. This course is meticulously crafted to empower participants with the essential knowledge and skills required to craft and lead effective teams that consistently deliver exceptional results. Tailored for both seasoned managers and emerging leaders, this program delves into the fundamental principles of team dynamics, offering practical strategies to cultivate a collaborative and high-performing environment.
The course sets out key objectives, aiming to equip participants with the expertise needed to create teams that function seamlessly, develop robust leadership skills, comprehend the core principles of team dynamics, and implement practical strategies for fostering collaboration within a team.
Participants can anticipate a comprehensive learning experience that combines theoretical knowledge with hands-on applications. The curriculum integrates discussions, case studies, and interactive sessions, ensuring a thorough understanding of the course content.
Upon successful completion, participants will emerge with enhanced team-building skills, strengthened leadership capabilities, a profound understanding of team dynamics, and a toolkit of practical strategies to elevate their teams to consistently achieve outstanding results.
The main goal is to empower the learner with the skills needed to lead and influence people effectively, drive continuous improvement, and build a high-performance team. The focus is on providing the learner with the knowledge and abilities necessary to take on leadership roles, inspire others, foster ongoing positive changes, and create a team that consistently achieves at a high level. The unit is designed to equip individuals with the tools and understanding to excel in leading and shaping successful teams while making a positive impact on those they lead.
Learning Outcome 1: The learner will be able to develop a high-performance team.
- AC1.1: Clearly explain the effective utilization of organizational and team dynamics.
- AC1.2: Thoroughly analyze the methods employed to develop high-performance, agile, and collaborative cultures within a team.
- AC1.3: Evaluate the application of coaching and mentoring techniques, discerning the appropriate times and situations for their implementation.
- AC1.4: Optimize the utilization of personal and team skills through Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and workforce planning.
- AC1.5: Justify the utilization of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and coaching and mentoring techniques, demonstrating how these strategies have been employed to enhance engagement and contribute to the development of a high-performance team.
Learning Outcome 2: The learner will be able to lead and influence people.
- AC2.1: Evaluate personal effectiveness in leading and influencing people, providing insights into the methods and approaches employed.
- AC2.2: Evaluate the ability to build constructive relationships, emphasizing the importance of positive interactions within a team environment.
- AC2.3: Assess the use of feedback as a tool for developing confident and trustful teams.
- AC2.4: Evaluate the facilitation of a culture that encourages teams to take risks and challenge appropriately, fostering innovation and growth.
Learning Outcome 3: The learner will be able to drive continuous improvement.
- AC3.1: Justify the establishment of the value of ideas and change initiatives, showcasing their impact on driving continuous improvement.
- AC3.2: Demonstrate the creation of an open culture and high-performing working environment that actively supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- AC3.3: Justify the setting of goals and accountabilities, ensuring alignment with personal accountability and values, thereby contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
Assessment Requirements for Unit: Building a High-Performance Team (ILM Level 7)
Assessment Task 1: Driving Continuous Improvement
The learner must demonstrate and justify how they support the value of ideas and change initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide a documented demonstration of actively supporting the value of ideas and change initiatives within a team or organizational context.
- Offer a written justification outlining specific instances where the learner has taken responsibility for driving continuous improvement through the support of ideas and change initiatives.
Assessment Task 2: Creating an Open Culture and High-Performing Environment
The learner must demonstrate and justify how they have enabled an open culture and high-performing working environment, taking responsibility for continuous improvement.
- Present evidence showcasing the learner’s contribution to creating an open culture and high-performing working environment.
- Provide a written justification explaining the learner’s active role in enabling an open culture and high-performance, with specific instances where continuous improvement has been a focal point.
- Theoretical Support:
- Reference at least two relevant models or theories that underpin the approach taken in fostering an open culture and high-performing environment.
Assessment Task 3: Goal Setting and Accountability
The learner must assess and justify how they set goals and accountabilities for both teams and individuals.
- Assessment and Justification:
- Assess the learner’s approach to setting goals and accountabilities for teams and individuals, identifying areas of good practice and areas for improvement.
- Theoretical Support:
- Reference at least one model of goal setting and one of strategic accountability in justifying the approach taken.
Assessment Task 4: Alignment with Values and Accountability
The learner must explain the alignment between their own accountability and well-defined values in the workplace.
- Provide a clear explanation of how the learner aligns their accountability with well-defined values in the workplace.
- Assessment of Balance:
- Assess the learner’s ability to balance accountability and values, highlighting areas where this alignment has been successful and addressing any challenges encountered.
These assessment tasks are designed to evaluate the learner’s understanding and application of key concepts related to driving continuous improvement, creating a conducive working environment, goal setting, and aligning personal accountability with workplace values. The inclusion of theoretical support ensures a robust evaluation of the learner’s knowledge and practical application.