ILM level 2
- November 2, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 2
A qualification such as the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership & Team Skills was explicitly designed to give practising or aspiring team leaders a solid foundation in their development as leaders.
This award is ideal for practising Team Leaders, helping them become more effective and confident in their roles. The course also supports new or aspiring team leaders- helping them evolve from working in a team to leading a team and defining the responsibilities, authority, and accountability of a team leader.
Aspiring team leaders and new team/cell leaders may find the Units helpful as a starting point to gain a solid understanding of the principles and practical aspects of team leadership.
Is this course right for me?
Communication, working with people, setting direction, providing direction, and getting results are the critical components of the Institute of Leadership and Management Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills. ILM Level 2 is a valuable accreditation no matter what your industry or management style is.
This course is designed for those who wish to enhance their existing management skills and improve the performance of teams whilst also developing their confidence as leaders. This leadership and management course offers practical and transferable skills that will boost your confidence, certify your skills, and help you take your career to the next level.
The ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is designed to develop your management abilities and vastly improve your career prospects. It requires a 12-month study period, and 130 guided learning hours are recommended.
The ILM Level 2 course covers various topics to help you certify your skills and establish your leadership position. The minimum number of credits necessary to achieve the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is 13 credits.
A broad selection of study units is available for earning your credits, including:
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
- Improving Performance of the Work Team
- Developing the Work Team
- Communicating With People Outside the Work Team
- Managing Yourself
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment
- Workplace Communication
- Understanding Effective Team Working
- Providing Quality to Customers
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Briefing the Work Team
- Leading Your Work Team
- Planning and Monitoring Work
- Understanding the Change in the Workplace
- Induction and Coaching in the Workplace
- Enterprise Awareness
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring team leaders – get an in-depth introduction to the role and its responsibilities. This is a nationally recognised qualification – the ideal launch pad for your management career.
Benefits to individuals
- Develop an understanding of the nature and role of mentoring
- Reflect on own performance and learn the essentials of listening and questioning through mentoring
- Understand the process of organizing mentoring activities and how to plan practical mentoring sessions
- Reflect on own performance and determine goals, progress, and actions needed to improve
Benefits for employers
- The program provides employees with the skills and knowledge to develop effective mentoring practices within their roles and responsibilities
- Introduces essential mentoring skills and techniques to your organization to develop a mentoring culture
Learn about other levels here.