ILM Level 4
- November 2, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 4
You will acquire all the skills required for middle managers through the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management, allowing you to take on higher levels of responsibility such as planning and implementing change within your organisation.
Through the ILM program, you will learn how to plan, allocate and organise work, manage projects, lead meetings, motivate people, improve performance, and manage change and foster innovation. With the ILM Level 4 Diploma, you can choose from a wide range of units, allowing you to customise your studies to meet your career goals and interests.
Who would benefit from these qualifications?
The Level 4 Award, Certificate, or Diploma in Leadership and Management is geared towards middle managers new to their roles. By earning these qualifications, learners understand their role, develop business knowledge, and gain the technical skills they need to lead at this level effectively.
Benefits to individuals
- Acquire and consolidate managerial skills and knowledge
- Develop knowledge of business specialities such as finance and marketing
- Learn how to become a leader by developing your capabilities and awareness
- Obtain a nationally recognised qualification for your experience.
Benefits for employers
- Middle managers who are well versed in their roles and functions within your organisation
- Managers who can assess and improve their leadership styles and behaviours
- Flexible unit choice – use this qualification to plug skills gaps in your organisation.
Each unit in this qualification focuses on specific skills and knowledge in five broad areas: working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources. Learners can work with employers to find the units that best fit their needs and those of their organisation.
A range of qualifications will be available from these qualifications, including:
|Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management||Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management||Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management|
1. ILM Level 4 Award in Management
Purpose of the qualification
The program provides managers with the foundation that will allow them to develop in their roles. The qualification reflects this by exploring the role of a middle manager, developing the skills required in that role, and preparing learners for the more challenging demands of a degree program.
2. ILM Level 4 Certificate in Management
Purpose of the qualification
The course aims to provide practising managers with a basic understanding of the role before formally transitioning to it. In addition to developing essential management skills, the qualification assists participants in gaining the proper knowledge for this level of management. This qualification builds on the ILM Level 4 Award in Management and broadens the knowledge and skills flexibly and practically. The Award is not a prerequisite for Certificate programmes, and learners can enrol directly into them.
3. ILM Level 4 Diploma in Management
Purpose of the qualification
They are designed to provide the most comprehensive choice informal development for practising middle managers. This is accomplished by developing a wide range of middle management capabilities and assisting participants in gaining comprehensive knowledge at this level. In addition to the ILM Level 4 Award and Certificate in Management, this qualification must meet the more challenging demands of a practising manager. Students may apply directly to Diploma programmes without completing either the Award or the Certificate as prerequisites.
Obtaining the Diploma is the best option to ensure you have the skills needed to take your management career to the next level, as it is the complete ILM Level 4 qualification. To gain the ILM Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management, you must complete a minimum of 37 credits.
Here are some of the units that you can choose from in order to complete your ILM Level 4 assignment examples:
- 8605-400 Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance
- 8605-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity
- 8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area
- 8605-403 Managing Risk in the Workplace
- 8605-404 Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- 8605-405 Developing People in the Workplace
- 8605-406 Developing Your Leadership Styles
- 8605-407 Understanding Financial Management
- 8605-408 Management Communication
- 8605-409 Managing Personal Development (Diploma only)
- 8605-410 Managing the Analysis of Secondary Data
- 8605-411 Managing a Healthy and Safe Environment
- 8605-412 Managing Meetings
- 8605-413 Managing Marketing Activities
- 8605-414 Data Collection and Analysis to Justify Management Decision Making
- 8605-415 Motivating People in the Workplace
- 8605-416 Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace
- 8605-417 Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- 8605-418 Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context
- 8605-419 Understanding Work in Contemporary Society
- 8605-420 Budgetary Planning and Control
- 8605-421 Interpreting Financial Statements to Assess Organisational Performance Using Financial Ratios
- 8605-422 Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation
- 8605-423 Using Quantitative Methods to Solve Management Problems
- 8605-424 Understanding the Economics of the Marketplace
- 8605-425 Developing Individual Mental Toughness
- 8605-426 Understanding the Macro Economic Environment
- 8605-427 Developing a Culture to Support Innovation and Improvements
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Work-based assignments
- Oral presentations
- Reflective reviews
Get an overview of all ILM levels