8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area
- July 6, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 4
8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area is intended for managers who are responsible for promoting equality and diversity in their organisations. Learners will gain a strong foundation in understanding the law and influencing internal policies to promote equality and diversity in the teams they manage.
This qualification focuses on two main areas: understanding the law, company policies, and what they mean in practice, and being able to influence how your company implements these. Dress codes, workplace bullying, and personal beliefs and attitudes are all addressed as issues affecting equality and diversity. It will also teach learners how to measure, monitor, and build diversity in their areas of responsibility.
- Examine the organisational culture in terms of equality and diversity; and
- Explain the development activities required to implement equality and diversity actions relevant to own specific functional area.
- Describe how they will manage equality and diversity continuously in their functional area.
Unit purpose and aim(s)
To investigate the nature and origins of personal values, beliefs, attitudes, and prejudices, as well as the impact on workplace behaviour, and to develop an understanding of the participant’s role and responsibility in valuing and managing diversity.
Method of Assessment
Marked Reflective Review to determine ILM marking strategy
Who is eligible for this qualification?
This qualification is intended for managers who are in charge of promoting equality and diversity. Learners will gain a firm foundation in understanding the law and influencing internal policies to promote equality and diversity in the teams they manage.
Benefits for Individuals
- A thorough understanding of diversity and equality legislation;
- Confidence in dealing with cases of harassment, bullying, or victimisation;
- Monitoring and assessing equality and diversity policies and practices; and
- Action planning for business diversity.
Benefits for Employers
- Managers who are familiar with the legislation, internal policies, and best practises
- Actively promote equality and diversity in your organisation.
- Formal training to equip employees with the skills and knowledge needed to identify, manage, and resolve incidents of bullying, harassment, and discrimination.