ILM Level 3
- November 2, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM level 3
If you are a new manager without formal training or management responsibilities but no formal qualification reflecting your experience, this qualification is ideal. This course is for people who supervise projects and staff at the moment and who want to develop their abilities and confidence.
The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management has been developed to develop first-line managers’ leadership and management skills in practice or aspirants.
To earn the Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, you must earn a minimum of four credits. The credits will be awarded based on the successful completion of relevant assignments in each below unit.
To whom do these qualifications apply?
People who have management responsibilities but no formal training and are serious about improving their abilities can benefit from the Level 3 Award, Certificate, and Diploma in Leadership and Management. Notably, they support professional team leaders looking to advance to the next level of management and managers who need to lead their employees through organisational changes, budget cuts, or other pressures.
The ILM Level 3 is designed for leaders and managers from any sector. Participants are likely to have the following responsibilities:
- First-line manager
- Office manager
- Team leader
Benefits to individuals
- Developing a wide range of management skills and putting them into practice in their role
- Build their leadership skills – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Employ their knowledge, values, and motivations to develop their leadership and management skills.
Benefits for employers
- An effective and confident first-line manager
- Improved relationships and communication in teams
- This qualification is awarded to managers who demonstrate they can transfer their new skills to the workplace.
- It’s the tools you need to develop your skills and abilities as a manager.
The qualifications cover a range of core management skills, such as organising and delegating and communication, team leadership, change, innovation, and people and relationship management. Individuals and employers can customise the qualification according to their needs due to flexibility in unit choice.
Upon completion of these qualifications, students can progress to other qualifications as seen here:
|Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management||Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management||Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management|
A range of essential management skills is covered in this course designed to assist practising team leaders in taking their careers to the next level. For the ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management, you will need to complete a minimum of 37 credits.
There is a wide range of study units you can choose from, including:
- Understanding Costs and Budget in an Organisation
- Understanding Workplace Information Systems
- Understanding Marketing for Managers
- Writing for Business
- Understand How to Establish an Effective Team
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding How to Motivate and Improve Performance
- Developing Yourself and Others
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation
- Planning Change in the Workplace
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Contributing to Innovation and Creativity in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace
- Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace
- Managing Workplace Projects
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Understanding the Organisation and its Context
- Understanding Performance Management
- Giving Briefings and Making Presentations
- Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- Understanding How to Lead Effective Meetings
- Understanding How to Manage the Efficient Use of Materials and Equipment
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace