8431-701 Strategic Leadership
- January 23, 2024
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 7
8431-701 Strategic Leadership is a course that focuses on teaching essential skills and knowledge related to effective leadership within the context of strategic planning. In simple terms, it covers how leaders can guide their teams or organizations towards long-term goals and success. The course likely explores topics such as decision-making, vision setting, and aligning organizational objectives with broader strategies. Participants are expected to gain insights into leading with a strategic mindset, making informed choices, and steering their teams towards achieving sustainable success.
This unit guides learners in setting a strategic direction, taking into account changes in markets and stakeholder requirements within various organizational structures. It also covers factors influencing the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- The learner will develop the ability to comprehend and collaborate with diverse stakeholders and navigate various organizational structures. The assessment criteria are outlined as follows:
AC1.1 – Describe methods for effective collaboration within company boards and organizational structures.
AC1.2 – Assess both internal and external factors that influence working within leadership structures.
AC1.3 – Critically analyze the impact of one’s leadership on stakeholders.
AC1.4 – Evaluate how a strategic business proposal incorporates stakeholder engagement.
2. The learner will acquire the skill to establish a strategic direction in response to evolving markets and stakeholder needs, with the following assessment criteria:
AC2.1 – Conduct a critical evaluation of the components supporting the development and establishment of new market strategies.
AC2.2 – Formulate a high-performance strategy and direction while effectively managing relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
To complete the assessment, the learner is required to undertake the following tasks:
- Interaction with Organisational Structures:
- Describe three instances demonstrating effective interaction with organizational structures. For each example, provide details on the purpose/function and scope, stakeholders involved, organizational requirements, and the company board or executive structure.
- Impact Assessment within Leadership Structures:
- Evaluate the impact of a minimum of three internal and three external factors when operating within leadership structures. Consider factors such as the markets the organization operates in, roles and responsibilities, sustainability agenda, and the application of leadership styles.
- Leadership Style Evaluation:
- Explain three different leadership styles and critically assess the impact of the learner’s leadership style on a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Business Proposal:
- Clarify the significance of stakeholder engagement concerning a strategic business proposal. Evaluate at least four elements contributing to the effective management of a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Developing and Monitoring New Market Strategy:
- Elaborate on the key components involved in developing and monitoring a new market strategy, outlining the methods used for evaluation.
- Critical Evaluation using Models:
- Conduct a critical evaluation of various aspects, referring to at least three models for analysis. This includes the target market, customer profile, demographics, and market analysis.
- High-Performance Strategy:
- When establishing a high-performance strategy focused on improving efficiency, accommodating changing customer demands, and analyzing trends, demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the skills, qualities, and actions of a leader in this context. Additionally, identify potential obstacles and propose appropriate actions, emphasizing effective stakeholder management.
What is ILM 8431-701 Strategic Leadership?
ILM 8431-701 Strategic Leadership is a course that focuses on developing skills and knowledge related to effective leadership within the context of strategic planning.
What are the key topics covered in this course?
The course covers a range of topics including setting strategic direction, working with stakeholders, organizational structures, evaluating leadership impact, and developing and monitoring new market strategies.
How does the course help in setting strategic direction?
The course equips learners with the ability to set strategic direction by considering changing markets, stakeholder requirements, and evaluating components that support new market strategies.
Can you provide examples of leadership styles covered in the course?
The course covers various leadership styles. Examples may include transformational leadership, transactional leadership, and servant leadership.
Why is stakeholder engagement important in strategic business proposals?
Stakeholder engagement is crucial as it ensures that the interests and concerns of all relevant parties are considered, leading to more informed and effective strategic business proposals.