8431-704 Strategic Influencing & Negotiating
- January 26, 2024
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 7
ILM Level 7 unit 8431-704 Strategic Influencing & Negotiating is a course that focuses on the skills of influencing and negotiating in a strategic context. This means learning how to effectively persuade others and navigate discussions to achieve important goals. The course is designed for individuals who are at an advanced level in their leadership or management roles.
In 46 guided learning hours, participants will explore practical strategies for influencing decisions and negotiating in various situations. They will learn how to use their influence strategically to achieve organisational objectives and how to negotiate effectively to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
Whether you’re dealing with team members, clients, or other stakeholders, this course provides valuable insights and tools to enhance your ability to influence and negotiate with confidence. It’s a great opportunity to develop key leadership skills that can contribute to your professional growth and success.
In this unit, you’ll learn how to turn the big ideas of your organisation into practical plans. You’ll also discover ways to improve your organisation’s image and reputation using techniques to persuade and negotiate effectively.
By the end of this unit, the learner will possess the skills to employ influencing and negotiating strategies effectively for the purpose of elevating the brand and reputation of an organisation.
- Influencing and Negotiating Strategies:
- Assessment Criteria:
- AC1.1: Clearly explain various influencing and negotiating strategies.
- AC1.2: Evaluate the methods employed to construct an organisation’s brand and enhance reputation management.
- AC1.3: Justify how their leadership has contributed to building reputation and fostering effective collaboration.
- Communicating and Translating Organisational Vision:
- Assessment Criteria:
- AC2.1: Determine the communication process and assess its impact on the audience.
- AC2.2: Effectively deliver and present a strategic business proposal, translating the organisational vision into operational strategies.
To assess the learner’s proficiency in this unit, several key requirements have been outlined:
- Influencing and Negotiating Strategies:
- The learner must provide a detailed explanation of at least one influencing strategy and one negotiating strategy.
- Clearly articulate how and when to apply these strategies, considering both upward and outward directions within the organisational context.
- Connect these strategies to their contribution to building the brand and enhancing reputation management.
- Brand and Reputation Management Analysis:
- Using the support of two or more recognized theories, the learner is required to analyse various aspects of brand and reputation management.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of methods employed to develop both brand and reputation within the workplace.
- Leadership, Advocacy, and Collaboration:
- The learner needs to demonstrate and justify their leadership within their area of control or authority.
- Showcase instances where negotiation and advocacy skills were employed to build reputation and foster effective collaboration.
- Include examples of advocacy directed towards individuals and stakeholder groups, demonstrating a diverse range of influencing approaches, including both upward and external to the organisation.
- Integration in Strategic Business Proposal:
- The learner must illustrate how their influencing and negotiating skills were utilised during the development of the strategic business proposal outlined in AC2.2.
- Communication Theory Application:
- When translating the organisational vision into operational strategy, the learner must apply at least one relevant communication theory.
- Consider aspects such as the chosen style and level of formality, clarity of thought and message, understanding the communication preferences of the audience, and ensuring engagement.
- Strategic Business Proposal Presentation:
- Deliver and present a strategic business proposal that demonstrates clarity of thinking, successful translation of vision into operational strategy, effective scoping, planning, budgeting, and recommendations.
- Showcase an understanding of the diverse needs and expectations of different audiences.
- Plan and execute the presentation for at least two different audiences, ensuring that the chosen format is appropriate and effective. The presentation format is flexible and does not necessarily have to be a PowerPoint.
How can we help?
ILM Assignment Help serves as a valuable resource for learners tackling assignments in the ILM Level 7 unit, “Strategic Influencing & Negotiating.” Our assistance is designed to guide and support learners throughout the assignment process, ensuring a comprehensive understanding and successful completion of the assigned tasks.
Firstly, we provide detailed explanations and examples of relevant influencing and negotiating strategies. Our guidance is aimed at helping learners grasp the practical application of these strategies, both in upward and outward directions within the organisational context.
In the analysis of brand and reputation management, ILM Assignment Help offers insights into recognized theories. We assist learners in evaluating the methods used to develop brand and reputation within the workplace, ensuring a thorough and well-supported analysis.
Moreover, our support extends to showcasing examples and providing explanations of effective leadership, negotiation, and advocacy within learners’ areas of control. We guide them on how to effectively demonstrate these skills in building reputation and fostering collaboration with diverse stakeholder groups.
In terms of integrating influencing and negotiating skills into the development of the strategic business proposal outlined in AC2.2, ILM Assignment Help offers guidance on aligning these skills with the overall objectives of the proposal.
For the application of communication theories, learners receive assistance in understanding how to translate organisational vision into operational strategy. We help them navigate chosen communication styles, formality levels, and audience engagement strategies.
Lastly, we provide support in planning and executing effective presentations for diverse audiences in line with the assignment’s requirements. Our aim is to enhance the learning experience and help learners successfully complete assignments related to the “Strategic Influencing & Negotiating” unit.
What is the main focus of the “Strategic Influencing & Negotiating” unit in ILM Level 7?
This unit primarily focuses on developing advanced skills in influencing and negotiating within a strategic context. Participants will learn to navigate complex situations and effectively persuade others to achieve organizational goals.
Who is the target audience for this unit?
This unit is designed for individuals at an advanced level in leadership or management roles who seek to enhance their ability to influence and negotiate strategically.
How long is the course, and what is the expected time commitment?
The unit has a duration of 46 guided learning hours. Participants are expected to dedicate sufficient time to engage with the content, assignments, and assessments.
What will I learn about influencing and negotiating in a strategic context?
Participants will gain advanced insights into influencing and negotiating strategies, particularly focusing on their application in strategic scenarios. The unit covers both upward and outward directions within an organizational context.
How will I be assessed in this unit?
Assessment methods may include explaining and applying influencing and negotiating strategies, analyzing real-world scenarios, and demonstrating the application of these skills in a strategic context.