8607-514 Managing Recruitment
- December 14, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 5
The ILM Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management includes a unit called 8607-514 Managing Recruitment. This unit focuses on developing the skills needed to recruit and hire employees effectively, which is a crucial aspect of improving an organization’s performance. Recruitment involves sourcing the right people and the human resources needed to achieve the desired performance levels.
The recruitment process is intricate, including identifying potential employees, attracting them to the organization, and providing effective contracts. While the human resource department plays a critical role in this process, successful planning and strategic implementation involve leaders at various levels within the organization. The unit aims to enhance organizational performance by improving recruitment practices.
The primary goal of the unit is to help learners understand recruitment concepts and processes, thereby increasing their ability to manage the recruitment process. This is particularly important for middle-level managers, empowering them to support recruitment practices effectively. The unit consists of 24 hours of guided learning and contributes 5 credit values towards completing the ILM Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management module.
Who is this unit suitable for?
Recruitment is a process that involves leaders at different levels of the organization. Leaders need to identify their human resource needs to support the team leading the recruitment process. This includes planning for human resources in their areas of responsibility and informing the overall human resources planning for the organization. Understanding recruitment principles enables leaders to create strategies that help achieve goals, such as attracting top and qualified talent to the organization.
Unit 8607-514 Managing Recruitment is crucial for leaders at various levels within the organization. It helps them understand recruitment and the importance of collaborative leadership in attracting and hiring top talent. The unit also covers principles of human resource planning, promoting sustainability within organizations. Specifically, it is well-suited for middle managers, such as department heads and regional leaders, who play a crucial role in determining the human resource needs of their areas. However, the unit is equally important for executive managers making decisions on overall human resource strategies. It is also suitable for human resource and people professionals responsible for shaping recruitment practices.
What are the learning outcomes of this unit?
Upon completion of the unit, the learners should be able to:
- Understand the importance of human resource planning for your organization
- Know the legal requirements related to human resource planning
- Understand how organizational policies and procedures affect human resource planning
- Describe the recruitment process from identifying vacancies to hiring the right candidate
- Learn how to justify and convince others about the need for recruitment in your area
- Implement the recruitment process according to your organization’s procedures and guidelines
- Keep accurate records as required by law and organizational policies
What are the key learning areas of this unit?
8607-514 Managing Recruitment helps build an understanding of the procedures and processes involved in recruitment. The unit explores the factors influencing the recruitment process and the role of leaders throughout. Key areas covered include:
Human Resource Planning:
- Learners are introduced to human resource planning techniques applicable within the organization and their areas of responsibility. They learn approaches to address recruitment needs and improve working conditions for employee retention. This area also covers critical people practices like succession planning, reward systems, outsourcing, subcontracting, and out workers. Legal, human, and organizational aspects related to redundancy and redeployment are explained, ensuring learners grasp critical factors when creating effective human resource plans for their organizations.
- This learning area delves into organizational policies and procedures applied in the recruitment process. Learners are educated on legal aspects influencing recruitment and selection, including methods for advertising vacancies within the organization to attract candidates. Processes such as job evaluation and analysis are covered, aiding in understanding specific qualifications and standards for recruitment. The learners also gain insight into job specifications, descriptions, and personal specifications for the roles they aim to fill. Different selection techniques are taught, emphasizing the importance of recording information effectively in the recruitment process for legal and reference purposes.
How is the unit evaluated?
After finishing the unit, learners need to do an assessment. A written template is used to check their understanding of the theory and practice covered in the unit. Additionally, practical skills related to the content learned are assessed through formative approaches like supervised practice and simulated exercises.
What is Managing Recruitment?
Managing Recruitment is a unit in the ILM Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management that focuses on building the ability to effectively recruit and hire employees. It is a critical skill for middle-level managers, as they often play a key role in the recruitment process.
What are the learning objectives of the unit?
Upon completion of the unit, learners should be able to:
Understand the role and relevance of human resource planning within their organisations
Show knowledge of the legal requirements related to human resource planning in their organisations
Understand the impact of organisational policies and procedures on human resource planning within the organisation
Describe the recruitment process and procedure in the organisation that starts with the identification of vacancies and recruitment needs through to the appointment of a qualified and successful candidate
Show understanding of approaches to justify and convince other stakeholders of a recruitment need in their area of responsibility
Implement the recruitment process in their area of responsibility by following the outlined procedures and processes within their organisation, including the keeping of effective records that are required by the legal and organisational policies
What is the duration of the unit?
The unit is taught in 24 hours of guided learning.
How many credit values does the unit contribute to the ILM Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management?
The unit contributes 5 credit values towards the completion of the ILM Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management.
What is the target audience for the unit?
The unit is targeted at middle-level managers who have responsibility for recruitment.
What are the prerequisites for the unit?
There are no specific prerequisites for the unit. However, learners will benefit from having a basic understanding of human resource management.