8617-702 Developing and maintaining a high-performance culture and optimising resources
- January 18, 2024
- Posted by: admin
- Category: ILM Level 7
ILM 8617-702 Developing and maintaining a high-performance culture and optimising resources is a course at diploma level 7 in the ILM program. It spans 30 learning hours, focusing on developing and maintaining a high-performance culture while optimizing resources within an organization. This means you’ll be delving into advanced strategies and skills to create an environment where people excel in their work, all while efficiently using the available resources for maximum effectiveness. It’s an in-depth exploration tailored for higher-level management and leadership roles.
What is the purpose of this unit?
The main goal of ILM 8617-702 is to help you become good at managing resources so that your team or organization can perform at its best. It’s like learning how to use your people, money, and other resources smartly and effectively. The course is all about making sure things run smoothly and that everyone keeps doing their best work. At the same time, it teaches you how to create a workplace where people are always striving to do better and better.
Who should take this unit?
This unit, ILM 8617-702, is designed for individuals in leadership and management roles who want to enhance their skills in resource management and cultivate a high-performance culture within their teams or organizations. It’s particularly beneficial for those in higher-level positions who are responsible for making decisions about how resources, both human and financial, are used to achieve optimal results. If you’re looking to improve your ability to manage resources effectively while creating an environment where people consistently perform at their best, this unit is well-suited for you.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Gain insight into evaluating and comparing performance effectively.
AC 1.1 Establish with relevant stakeholders a range of appropriate data and indicators for assessing performance in own area of responsibility in terms of effectiveness, efficiency, financial viability, sustainability, diversity and relevance
- Engage with important stakeholders to establish mutually agreed-upon key performance indicators (KPIs) for evaluating efficiency and effectiveness within your specific area of responsibility. These indicators should encompass aspects such as financial viability, sustainability, diversity, and relevance to your work domain. Make sure to reference external best practices or benchmarks. Additionally, pinpoint the necessary data that will need to be collected to demonstrate performance about these indicators.
AC. 1.2 Undertake a rigorous data-driven enquiry using an appropriate methodology to assess and benchmark performance and identify risks and challenges to current ways of working
- How will you check and compare how well things are going in your area of work? Use these ways to collect strong information and see how well you’re meeting the standards. Also, compare how you’re doing with at least two other groups. Find out what risks and challenges might come up with the way you’re currently doing things.
AC 1.3 Establish metrics to drive sustainability, and performance and demonstrate value-added
- Considering the important signs we discussed with others and your research on how things are done now, what steps will you take to measure and improve performance in your role? How will these steps make things better and show that you’re adding value?
- Learn how to create and keep a workplace where everyone does their best.
AC 2.1 Critically evaluate the impact of the enquiry and establish strategies for the development and maintenance of high levels of performance that take account of stakeholder needs, identified risks, challenges and diversity.
- After looking into things, what good stuff have you noticed from your investigation? Use data and clear facts to explain. What still needs to get better? Make a plan to do well, keeping in mind what your stakeholders need, the risks to the business, challenges, and diversity. You can share this info using tables, graphs, diagrams, slides, or a short written report.
AC. 2.2 Engage effectively with collaborative networks to add value and ensure sustainability of high levels of performance
- Talk about your plan for doing well with the people you work with and learn from. How has this discussion made you understand things better? And how does it help make sure things last and stay good over time?
- Learn the skills in leadership and management needed to be ready for the future.
AC 3.1 Critically review the outcomes of the enquiry to establish the leadership and management skills and perspectives required by a future-ready leader/ manager to create and sustain long-term organisational success
- Thinking about your plan to create a really good working environment, what skills and ways of thinking do leaders or managers need to make sure the plan works and the organization succeeds in the long run?
AC 3.2 Justify the choice of media to evidence the impact of the enquiry to satisfy and influence stakeholders and to enhance personal brand
How are you going to share the results of your investigation with the people who care about it? Think about the different ways you can do it and choose the one that works best – something that will make them understand and meet their needs.
What are the assessment requirements?
For the assessment of this unit, you have various options to present your findings and strategies. You can choose to use tables, diagrams, slides, and short reports. Additionally, presenting information in a summary report, with graphs, tables, and slides featuring voiceovers, webinars, or podcasts is also suitable. Keep records of relevant discussions, which can include notes, diagrams, audio recordings, or podcasts. Your presentation methods can include a short report, slides with voiceovers, webinars, and tables. The assessment could be a written or recorded narrative, paired with the chosen presentation method, to effectively communicate the information to stakeholders.
Who is the target audience for this unit?
The target audience for this unit includes individuals in leadership and management roles, especially those at the diploma level 7 in the ILM program.
How long does it take to complete ILM 8617-702?
The unit has a duration of 30 learning hours, providing a comprehensive exploration of strategies for cultivating a high-performance culture and optimizing resources.
What methods can be used to assess and benchmark current performance?
Methods for assessing and benchmarking current performance may include using tables, diagrams, slides, short reports, or a combination of these presentation formats.
How should the impact of the inquiry be presented to stakeholders?
The impact of the inquiry can be presented in various ways, such as a summary report, graphs, tables, slides with voiceovers, webinars, podcasts, or short written reports, depending on what suits the stakeholders’ needs and preferences.